Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm A Real Life Psychic Detective

I'm A Real Life Psychic Detective

I'd like to retire soon, but I can't. I know people need me.

People shouldn't have to go to a psychic for a reading. I think psychics should teach everyone how to be able to do it for themselves (...) We all have that power.
By Noreen Renier , U.S.

In 1981, when Psychic Investigator Noreen Renier first lectured at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, her work with police detectives was considered controversial. Now, she is a well-known psychic detective who has worked on over 500 unsolved cases with city, county, and state law enforcement agencies in 38 states of the U.S. and six foreign countries. She has also appeared in several TV shows, such as America's Most Wanted, Geraldo, Good Morning America and Unsolved Mysteries and she is the author of the best-selling book "A Mind for Murder"
(2005). Noreen has a unique understanding of both the police and the paranormal and this is her story.

We all have it. Writers call it "inspiration;" police officers call it "hunches" and "gut feelings" and others refer to it as "a sixth sense." The truth is that each and every one of us could be a psychic with the proper training. For the last 30 years, I've been a psychic helping police find missing persons and solve homicides. So far, I've worked on over 500 cases in 38 states and six foreign countries, taught at colleges and universities and written books. Before this, however, I was a skeptic. I didn't believe that people could use their minds to see what happened in the past let alone perceive the future- until I experienced it myself.

I was in my early thirties, working for a large hotel in Florida as the PR and advertising director, when someone asked me to let a psychic rent one of our lecture halls. By then, I was full of prejudices and thought that all psychics were the same sort of people: heavy set fat bluffers with warts or pimples. I didn't want those kinds of people in my hotel, but I finally agreed to meet with her and realizing she was a normal person, I rented her the room. Either she was very powerful or I was very sensitive because my whole body felt like it was vibrating after being with her. Following her presentation, she gave me a book about paranormal phenomena. I'm sure a science fiction book would have been more credible to me! But for some reason, I kept it, and I started reading many other books about parapsychology afterwards.

Two close women friends of mine were also interested in similar areas, specifically in meditation, so we'd get together occasionally to meditate.

I discovered my powers in my early thirties.

One afternoon, we were meditating with our eyes closed when my body suddenly felt as if it had been plugged into a wall socket, then I heard my voice blurting out strange things. When I opened my eyes, one friend was sipping my coffee to see if it was spiked. The other was crying - I'd just given her a message from her deceased mother.

After that, I was hooked! I wanted to experiment all the time. I became obsessed; I couldn't concentrate on my work. I'd practice with the people at work --first with the maids, then the secretaries, and finally, almost everybody, all day long. I finally, got fired because I wasn't really working, but testing my new skills on the hotel employees to see if they were for real or not.

I had to support two teenagers, but I didn't want to go back into the advertising world. Instead I went to a rival hotel right across from the airport in Orlando and gave a demonstration of my psychic readings). They gave me permission to do such demonstrations in their lounge, for US$5 a session. I bought a gypsy-like dress and started practicing there. I thought it was the perfect spot to test my skills, having access to many different individuals from all over the world. I remember thinking that if I was really bad, those people would fly away anyways, and if I was good, I'd discover it. I still was quite skeptical about the phenomena. Now I know that in less than 45 minutes, I can give the police I'm working with information about a homicide or missing person case.

Those were my beginnings: in a lounge, surrounded by drinking people and a band.

Noreen has worked on over 500 unsolved cases with city, county, and state law enforcement agencies in 38 states of the U.S. and six foreign countries.

The customers would come to my table and I'd hold their rings or watches and describe simple things that would come to my mind. They'd give me US$5, but I would have given them US$5 just to have been able to practice on them. Many of those people seemed quite impressed by what I'd tell them and so my confidence in my powers grew stronger.

Mom went nuts!

At first, my family, which was basically my two children since I was already divorced, didn't support my decision. They didn't understand why I had decided to change my business suit for a gypsy dress. They though I had gone nuts or something, but sooner rather than later, they saw the value in what I was doing and became very proud of me.
In the beginning, I thought I might be reading minds. A lady came in very upset about a nephew who'd been in an accident in another country. I told her I saw a man in a coma; he had curly brown hair and two scars on his head. I also gave the woman the number 14 twice. She said, "You're wrong. My nephew has long blond hair and no scars." The next day she came back to apologize. She'd learned her nephew had cut his bleached hair, which had grown in brown and curly, and the scars were from surgery. He recovered from the coma exactly 14 days and 14 hours after my reading. That convinced me I was not reading minds, but what was it?

I contacted Dr. William Roll at the Psychical Research Foundation (PRF). I gladly subjected myself to five years of laboratory testing at PRF and at Duke University.

At first, my firends and family didn't understand why I had decided to change my business suit for a gypsy dress.

They tested me for psychometry by sealing personal objects like combs and watches in envelopes; I touched them and described their owners. They tested for telepathy by having me identify symbols on cards in another room. In the test for psychokinesis (the ability to influence physical matter), I was put in front of a computerized light system and asked to alter the light pattern by using my mind. I was told I scored quite high in everything.

At one point, they hooked me up to an Electroencephalogram (EEG) machine and monitored my brain waves. When they asked me to psychometrize an object, the machine showed that I switched to the opposite side of my brain. Evidently, the psychic comes from the emotional side of the brain, which may be why you find more female psychics.

After a while, I moved to Virginia, where I encountered my first police case in a sort of accidental way. I was lecturing at Blue Ridge Community College when the sister of a rape victim, who was in the audience asked me to help find the rapist who'd been terrorizing the nearby town of Staunton. Half the people in the room knew one of his victims.

The town had a small police force and all they knew was the rapist wore a mask. I tuned into the rapist and started describing him. The rape victim's sister who was in the audience told the police what I'd said and they were open-minded enough to want to hear more.

We visited the homes of two victims, and I immediately knew the rapist had a scar on his right knee, wore a green uniform with his name on it, had been in prison and drove something that went round and round. They arrested him a few days before Christmas.

As an animal lover I understand the pain of having a lost or stolen dog or cat, but I have trained my mind to only tune-into missing people's energy and into homicide cases.

Everything I'd said turned out to be right; the thing "that went round and round" was a cement truck. The man was convicted of five rapes and 16 other felonies.

Giving Clues

Although I do private readings occasionally about personal matters, I prefer to work with the police on unsolved crimes because they're in a position to follow up on clues. I charge by the case, which usually involves two sessions. In the first one, if it's a homicide I describe the criminal to a police artist, who makes a sketch of the face. When I'm getting information, either through images, or hearing sounds, or seeing numbers, I have no way to tell whether the information I'm getting is going to be useful to the investigation.

Missing persons are more difficult for me to solve because the individuals disappear along with their belongings. The way I work on those cases is fairly standard. I'm usually sitting in my house, thousands of mile away, holding an object that the missing person once used or wore, seeing information like disconnected frames of a movie film. It's easy for me to get lost in the information. I have no idea how I do it at the end. It even impresses me when I get feedback from the detectives.

Usually police officers give me something the person used to wear before they went missing, and I try to get into the energy of that individual and then program my mind to see where they are now. I draw a circle with number around it like a clock, putting the missing person in the middle of the clock and try get the police information in connection with the number.

I believe that all of us have the possibility of developing our psychic powers.

I can fly above the body anywhere from 20 to 100 feet, giving them landmarks so they know where I am. Or I can go on the ground and lead them from the last place where that person was seen for the last time to where the body is. I'm like a radar machine that picks up the energy from objects and people.

I never solicit a high profile case or intervene in a case where the police or family has not asked me to work on. I work so much that I don't have time to play with my talents.

I can't say that there is a case I preferred over others. They've been all special and important to me in their particular way. The best part of this job is being able to help people. That's what gives me the greatest satisfaction. The worst part is that it's very exhausting. It's like driving a car trying to pay attention to everything at the same time, from the landscape to the conversation among the passengers. In real life, you don't see every single detail of the road, so when I'm trying to find a person I'm straining to see a sign, an image or anything that helps me to describe the area. I can work on a homicide case in 45 minutes. For missing people, I normally need two sessions. I've been doing this for 30 years so I don't need more time. Besides, I'm older now, so I can't last more than an hour per session, and I don't do more than two or three sessions a week.

NOT As Seen On TV

Unlike what we see on TV and in movies, being a psychic is not easy.

Hollywood glamorizes psychics a lot and doesn't show that it's the policemen who do most of the work. I give them clues, but they have to put all those little pieces together.

Those of us who are legitimate don't mind being challenged. In 1986, I actually took a man named John Merrell to court for labeling me a fraud. FBI Agent Mark Babyak testified that I helped locate a crashed airplane. And Robert Ressler, a 17-year veteran with the FBI, confirmed that I had worked successfully on a number of cases. He also corroborated my prediction of the assassination attempt on President Reagan during a lecture at the FBI Academy several months before the shooting. The jury found Merrell guilty of libel and awarded me $25,000. The money went to one of my three attorneys, but I did get a small fraction and, most importantly, I probed him wrong.
Besides the police cases I work on, I enjoy lecturing about my work and I am now writing a "How To" book. My favorite thing is to present to people that are as skeptical as I used to be a way to train their minds and, hopefully, show them how to develop their psychic powers.

I'm 70 years old. I'd like to retire soon, but I can't. I know people need me. That's why my goal is to partner up with the police so they create a special squad in each state and can have cops doing what I do.

Officers know guns, automobiles and other things usually involved in crimes much better than I, so I'm sure their descriptions would be better than mine.

I believe that all of us have the possibility of developing our psychic powers, but the problem is that society teaches us to develop the logical, rational part of our mind; we are not encourage or train to understand the intuitive part. Our minds can grow in many ways, but we use only a small portion of our brains. We'd be happier if we knew better. People wouldn't lie to each other so easily and we'd listen to that inner voice that usually tells us when something is wrong often.

People shouldn't have to go to a psychic for a reading. I think psychics should teach everyone how to be able to do it for themselves. I believe in creating our own reality by what we think, what we want, what we feel and the way we approach problems and reality.

The only problem with training people to be psychics is that it's like teaching Arts. There's only so much you can teach, but only the most talented students who practice with passion will excel. When I was younger and I just discovered this talent I wanted to practice all the time. Every moment I had free I wanted to see what I was able to do with my mind. That's how I learned. That's what I do and what I'll continue doing until I retire.


Produced by Cecilia Jamasmie

7 comments:

The Karl said...

Hello,

Thank you for setting up your blog site. It is an honor to be able to write to you. I understand how that might sound silly, but to communicate with someone with your amazing abilities is mind boggling. For you to choose to use your abilities to assist the police is admirable. I appreciate you still being open to do private sessions.

I've read a little on trying to do some of these things myself and have had little result. I’ve heard it comes easier for some, so I have kind of settled with the likelihood that I’m one of the individuals who need more practice than usual. On the flip side of that, I’ve developed enormous respect for those of you who it has come so (seemingly) easy.

I know the world is waking up more and more in the realization and acceptance of abilities like yours. To me, you seem to be a gift from our maker. Like when mankind first observed fire. I’m sure we were terrified of it, eventually learning to appreciate it and work with it. Your ability is a window that some are afraid to look through. Whether they don’t believe what is said to be the future or are reluctant to change their understanding of the past. I believe you hold one of the modern day gifts society is now allowed to openly talk about.

I’m planning on setting up a session around the middle of December. My family and I all look forward to my session with you.

Thank you for your time,
Karl

Noreen Renier said...

Dear Karl,

I appreciate you taking the time to write and all your nice comments.

A Mind for Murder will be released in the Spring. But you may benefit from my How to book which I'm trying to finish. Perhaps it will help you develop and use your psychic ability faster!

Again, thank you for writing.

Kindest Regards,

Noreen Renier
noreen04@embarqmail.com

The Karl said...

In preparing my list of questions for a session, I'm needing to get clarification on what is usable to read from. I have questions I would like to ask someone from the forties. The only reference I have to him are pictures I can download and print from the internet. That person is not a relative of mine nor do I have anything personal of his. Can you give me an idea if it is possible to communicate to someone under those circumstances?

Thanks,
Karl

ME said...

Noreen
i am very interested in learing how to use my own aobilities to bring out my inner psyshic abilities and uses. As a small girl I would watch my mom do astrology charts for family and others, even seeing and predicting her own teacehrs death. She was always intuitive and could see faces of diff. individuals that had committed terrible crimes againest others and she could focus and draw her own mug shots. She never did this for anyone else just her self - when I was 16 i went with a friend to a pshchic she was going to see and while waiting the psychic asked to speak with me also - she asked me several questions which I knew she was seeing how fast I reaponded or whatever and she got very quite and looked at me and said "i can teach you - you are a naturally. I have always felt like i was different than most people and very intuitive but I honestly wouldnt know where to start. I find it amazing and very selfrewarding fof yourself as well as others. I would if you can lead me in the direction I need to go next for help in learing to bring this out of myself. Is your self help book out yet?I would love to be one of the first = if not do you do training one on one at all. I am very interested in the detective side of things I (always wanted to become a forensic detective) but then came babies,. lol. Would love to talk to you. I am 45 year olf Female from Hoover, AL the other side of Birmingham, AL. email is Luuvmykidz@charter.net write me and i can give you my cell number. Thanks a bunch.

CRITCRAT said...

Noreen what if someone does not have money can you still help them? if so please contact me at 412-773-2688 thanks

CRITCRAT said...

NOREEN CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US WE DONT HAVE MONEY BUT NEED HELP DESPERATELY PLEASE CAN YOU? 412-773-2688

CRITCRAT said...

NOREEN CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US WE DONT HAVE MONEY BUT NEED HELP DESPERATELY PLEASE CAN YOU? 412-773-2688